Cricuts are a brilliant tool for crafters as it provides them with a variety of functions that help cut different shapes and designs with expert precision. Having a laptop that can work well with the Cricut devices and software will give you the tools that you need to create professional results.
There are so many different laptops available on the market, and it can be difficult to know which one to choose. When it comes to the best laptops, it is the inside that counts. They all have different specifications and features that make them great for various functions.
This guide will explain all the specifications and features of the best laptops available that will work with the Cricut Explore and Maker.
Best Laptop for Cricut Explore and Maker – Reviews
The Cricut Explore and Maker are two of the most highly rated electronic cutting machines on the market. To help you make the best decision and save you some time, here is a list of the best laptops available to use with the Cricut Explore and Maker.
In a Hurry?
If you’re in a rush to make a purchase and don’t have the time to spend researching, we have revealed our top pick here to save you some time. Our top choice is the Acer Predator Helios 300.
Why is it Our Top Pick?
The Acer Predator Helios 300 appeared multiple times during our search for the best laptop for this specific purpose. This is due to its large memory storage capacity, exceptional performance, and its general ability to run well when using software such as Cricut Design space and other programs that you may need. This laptop is perfect for use with the Cricut Explore and Cricut Maker.
- 10th generation intel core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor for exceptional performance.
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 for better graphics and visuals.
- 16GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory.
- 1 TB SSD for extra storage. Perfect for storing all of your business designs and graphics.
1. Acer Predator Helios 300
This laptop is perfect for running any software that you might need due to its powerful 10th generation intel core i7 processor. It also has a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics card that provides clear and crisp graphics for the user.
The Predator also has superior cooling technology with 4th generation aero blade fans that can keep your laptop processing well without the worry of it overheating.
This laptop also has 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, which is important so that your system can access data quicker and run programs without faltering.
The Acer Predator has a 15.6 inch full HD display that delivers excellent quality images and is also a great size to work with. However, due to its size and all the features that are stored inside of it, this laptop is quite heavy and weighs 5.7 pounds. If you don’t need your laptop to be portable, this may not be an issue for you, but it may need to be considered if you like to do your designing on the go.
- Excellent performance
- Great graphics processing
- Superior cooling technology to lower the risk of overheating
- Powerful processing abilities
- May not be suitable for portability as it is quite heavy
Buy Here: Amazon
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, Intel i7-10750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 6GB, 15.6″ Full HD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display, 16GB Dual-Channel DDR4, 512GB NVMe SSD, Wi-Fi 6, RGB Keyboard, PH315-53-72XD
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0 GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 15.6″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC)
- 16 GB DDR4 2933MHz Dual-Channel Memory, 512GB NVMe SSD (2 x M.2 slots | 1 Slot open for easy upgrades) & 1 – Available Hard Drive Bay
- 4-Zone RGB Backlit Keyboard | Wireless: Killer Double Shot Pro Wireless-AX 1650i 802. 11ax Wi-Fi 6 | LAN: Killer Ethernet E2600 10/100/1000 Gigabit Ethernet LAN | DTS X: Ultra Audio | 4th Gen All-Metal AeroBlade 3D Fan
2. Microsoft Surface Pro 7
Our next pick is the Microsoft Surface Pro 7, with its unique ability to double up as a tablet. This 2 in 1 laptop could be great for those who like to draw their designs before cutting them out using the Cricut machine. This laptop would make a great addition to any crafters set up. You can draw, write, and work more naturally using the tablet features on a 12.7-inch screen.
This laptop is also lightweight and weighs just 1.10 pounds, significantly less than some of our other picks. You can take your laptop with you on the go with ease, and it still has some great technology inside.
The Microsoft Surface Pro 7 sports an all-day battery life of up to 10.5 hours and can also charge very quickly, going from 0% to 80% in just over an hour. Its long battery life will be beneficial for those long working days when you are continually using your laptop.
You can also configure this laptop to fit in with your expectations before purchasing it as there are different options to choose from. Depending on whether you chose an Intel Core i5 or i7 processor, you can choose between 8GB or 16GB of RAM, and you can also pick either 128 GB or 256 GB of storage. This allows you to consider your needs and make a decision based on you.
- Lightweight, slim, and portable
- Long battery life
- Ability to configure according to your needs
- High storage capability
- 2 in 1 design allows you to use it as a laptop and a tablet
Buy Here: Amazon
Microsoft Surface Pro 7 – 12.3″ Touch-Screen – 10th Gen Intel Core i5 – 8GB Memory – 128GB SSD (Latest Model) – Platinum with Black Type Cover
- Next-gen, best-in-class laptop with the versatility of a studio and tablet, so you can type, touch, draw, write, work, and play more naturally
- Faster than surface pro 6, with a 10th gen intel core processor – redefining what’s possible in a thin and light computer.
- More ways to connect, with both USB-c and USB-a ports for connecting to displays, docking stations and more, as well as accessory charging. Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0
- Standout design that won’t weigh you down — ultra-slim and light surface pro 7 starts at just 1.70 pounds
- All day battery life upto 10.5 hours, Plus the ability to go from empty to full faster — about 80 percent in just over an hour
3. Asus Vivobook 15
The Asus Vivobook 15 has the option for you to choose between the Ryzen 5 or the Ryzen 7 processors, which allows you to choose between which one you think you will need. The Ryzen 5 processor has a 256 GB SSD, but the Ryzen 7 has a 512 GB SSD. It is worth noting that the better the processor is, the better the performance will be.
Similarly to our first pick, this laptop has a 15.6-inch screen; only this one is in full high definition.
Its AMD Radeon Vega 8 graphics processing unit provides discreet and high-quality graphics.
This laptop also has 8GB of DDR4 RAM that provides super-fast access to memory, allowing it to run smoothly. In terms of design, it has a backlit keyboard and a fingerprint scanner that will enable you to keep your work secure and your designs a secret.
The laptop also has great connectivity options that make it easy to use with your Cricut machine. It includes USB 3.2 type C, USB 3.2, and USB 2.0 ports for simple and easy connectivity.
- Choice of processor
- Large screen size with full high definition
- High-quality graphics
- Simple connectivity options
Buy Here: Amazon
4. Acer Aspire 5
Our fourth pick is the Acer Aspire 5 laptop, which can easily keep up with the Cricut Explore and Maker tools. It has a slim design with a 15.6-inch screen that allows for plenty of workspace.
It has 4GB of DDR4 RAM and a 128 GB SSD. While these specifications may be lower than our previous picks, they meet the minimum requirements for both of the Cricut models. Though this laptop may not run as professionally as some other laptops from this list, it is more than capable of running the correct software and connecting with the Cricut.
This laptop also features a backlit keyboard and has a moderately long battery life of up to 7.5 hours. It claims to be able to tackle any job, no matter how complex, and its narrow bezel screen allows for its crisp visuals to take over with full high definition. It also features Acer BlueLightShield so that you can keep your eyes free from strain during a long workday.
- Meets minimum requirements for Cricut
- Acer BlueLightShield for preventing eye strain
- Backlit keyboard to help when working in low light
- Has the potential to be slightly slower than other laptops
Buy Here: Amazon
Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop, 15.6 inches Full HD IPS Display, AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, Vega 3 Graphics, 4GB DDR4, 128GB SSD, Backlit Keyboard, Windows 10 in S Mode, A515-43-R19L, Silver
- AMD Ryzen 3 3200U Dual Core Processor (Up to 3.5GHz); 4GB DDR4 Memory; 128GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- 15.6 inches full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen LED backlit IPS display; AMD Radeon Vega 3 Mobile Graphics
- 1 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port, 2 USB 2.0 ports & 1 HDMI port with HDCP support
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi; Backlit Keyboard; Up to 7.5 hours battery life
- Windows 10 in S mode. Maximum power supply wattage: 65 Watts
5. Lenovo Ideapad 3
Our fifth and final pick on this list is the Lenovo Ideapad 3. Lenovo laptops are great for those who work from home and are also compatible with the Cricut Explore and Maker due to its high and fast performance.
This laptop has a slightly smaller 14-inch screen but also has narrow bezels that give you better viewing with less to clutter the screen. It’s AMD Ryzen 5 3500U processors with Radeon graphics allow for powerful performance for everyday tasks. This machine can easily handle Cricut technology, including Cricut Design Space.
The Lenovo Ideapad 3 also has Q-control that allows you to shift into the intelligent cooling mode and swap effortlessly between fast and quality performance and quiet battery saving mode. It can also connect easily using Bluetooth 4.1, so you could use your Cricut wirelessly if you wanted to.
- High and fast performance
- Narrow bezels for better viewing
- High-quality graphics
- Easy to connect via Bluetooth
Buy Here: Amazon
Lenovo IdeaPad 3 14″ Laptop, 14.0″ FHD 1920 x 1080 Display, AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD, AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics, Narrow Bezel, Windows 10, 81W0003QUS, Abyss Blue
- AMD Ryzen 5 3500U Mobile Processors with Radeon Graphics deliver powerful performance for everyday tasks
- Dopoundsy Audio delivers crystal-clear sound, while the 14-inch FHD screen and narrow side bezels give you more viewing area and less clutter
- Quick and quiet with Q-control – Effortlessly swap between fast & powerful performance and quiet battery saving mode
- Connect with ease using Bluetooth 4.1, up to 2×2 Wi-Fi 5, three USB ports, and HDMI
- Keep your privacy intact with a physical shutter for your webcam. You’ll enjoy privacy right at your fingertips
Best Laptop for Cricut Explore and Maker Buyers Guide
Choosing the best laptop to use with your Cricut Explore or Maker is not an easy task without all of the necessary information. There are many different laptops available on the market, and not all of them will be suitable for what you are looking for.
One aspect of a laptop that you will need to consider is its processor, also known as a CPU. A processor is an essential component of any laptop as it provides the processing power that the laptop needs to function. The more powerful that your processor is, the quicker you can complete tasks and run programs. If you are just using your laptop for Cricut software, you can go with a laptop that has a moderately good processor.
However, if you plan to use other programs such as Adobe Illustrator for design work, you may need a better processor that can handle the program more efficiently. A budget processor can function, but a better one will function more smoothly. The last thing you want is to buy a brand new laptop and find that it can’t properly run the software that you need to use.
Another component that should be considered is memory or RAM. If you are working with multiple programs at once, or have lots of things open on your laptop, then you will need a higher amount of memory.
The Cricut itself requires your laptop to have at least 4 GB of RAM to run, but ideally, you should aim for higher than the minimum amount. This will enable you to run more applications at one time. Some laptops allow you to upgrade the amount of RAM, so you could get one with 4GB and add more if you need it.
The display should also be adequate, especially if you are using your laptop for designing before using the Cricut. The screen resolution will likely be more than the minimum requirements of 1024px x 769px for the Cricut.
The screen resolution is how many pixels there are on the screen, and the higher the number of pixels there are, the better the quality will be. You should consider a high definition screen as this will make your designs more accurate when translating them from screen to page.
The amount of storage that you will need for your laptop will depend on how much you need to save to the drive. A solid-state drive, commonly referred to as an SSD, will perform better than a HDD. You will be able to access files and start-up your laptop much quicker.
It is worth noting that photos take up a lot of space, and if you download lots of graphics to cut with your Cricut, you are going to need more storage space. You can also use an external hard drive that plugs into your laptop via a USB port if you run out of space, but it is often easier to have everything stored in one place on your laptop.
Connectivity is essential to be able to connect your laptop to your Cricut Explore or Cricut Maker. You will need an available USB port or a Bluetooth connection. The newer USB 3.0 can provide more reliable and faster connectivity.
If you don’t plan to sit with your laptop plugged in on charge all day, then you need to consider how long the battery is going to last. This is especially important if you want to take your laptop around with you as you might not always have access to a plug socket to charge your battery. You should consider a laptop with a battery that lasts for a long time and can also be charged quickly.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a 2 in 1 laptop?
A 2 in 1 laptop is one device that works as both a laptop and a tablet. They usually either have a detachable screen that can be used as a tablet, or they are convertible and can fold into a tablet.
Can I Use a Chromebook With My Cricut?
The quick answer to this question is no. Cricut Design Space needs a Windows or Mac operating system to function when used on a laptop. Chromebooks run on Google’s own operating system, which is not compatible with the program that you need to use for your Cricut.
Do I Need Internet Access to Use My Cricut?
If you are using design space on your laptop, you will need a strong internet connection. However, Cricut is currently working on an offline version for desktops.