WhatsApp and Telegram offer ways to let you hide your profile picture from other users. While the former lets you set profile picture visibility to your contacts and nobody, the latter brings the flexibility of individually hiding your profile picture from specific users and groups. If you’re wondering how to use the feature, here are the steps involved to hide profile pictures on WhatsApp and Telegram.
Hide Profile Picture on WhatsApp and Telegram
Hide Profile Picture on WhatsApp
1. Open WhatsApp and tap on the vertical three dots menu in the top-right corner. From the list of available options, tap on Settings. When the Settings page appears, choose ‘Account.’
2. On the Account settings page, tap on Privacy and press ‘Profile photo’ under the ‘Who can see my personal info’ section.
3. You’ll now see the available profile photo privacy settings – Everyone, My contacts, and Nobody. Set the privacy to ‘Nobody’ if you don’t want anyone on WhatsApp to see your profile picture. You can also set the privacy to ‘My contacts’ in case you want to allow people in your address book to see your display picture.
Hide Display Picture on Telegram
1. Open Telegram and swipe right to access Settings. From the Settings page, tap on ‘Privacy and Security.’
2. Under Privacy section of the Privacy and Security page, you’ll see the ‘Profile Photos’ settings. Tap on it to see the available options – Everyone and My contacts. Here, you can choose to hide your profile picture from certain people or groups using the ‘Never Allow’ option.
3. Tap on Never Allow and pick the contacts and group you want to hide your profile picture from. Once done, tap on the checkmark floating action button to save the hidden contacts list. You should now tap on the checkmark icon in the top-right corner of the screen to confirm changes. Similarly, you can add contacts to the ‘Always Allow’ list to let them see your profile picture.
Hide WhatsApp and Telegram Profile Pictures
So, that’s how you can hide profile pictures on WhatsApp and Telegram. In case you’re wondering, Signal doesn’t have an option to hide profile pictures from specific people, which is why we didn’t cover it. If you’re new to Telegram or WhatsApp, check out the best Telegram tips and tricks and WhatsApp tips and tricks article to get started.