Kali NetHunter mid-term updates released that highlights the various development features implemented on the selected devices.
The new update brings support for various features that improve the support and the compatibility of the Kali NetHunter.
Kali NetHunter Updates
- Monitor support for Qualcomm wifi chips in various snapdragon SOCs
- New RTL88XXXU drivers with injection support
- New USB function management GUI for HID attacks and much more
- Gitlab CI to dramatically speed up the release workflows
- NetHunter Kernel-Builder to simplify building custom kernels
Monitor mode & USB Arsenal
OnePlus 7 and Xiaomi Mi 9T images fully support for Monitor mode now, Kali team also added commands to start/stop the monitor mode for wlan0.
HID gadget mode is now fully supported by default but has to be enabled and configured via userspace controls.
Two-tier USB gadget mode control center:
- NetHunter kernel packages can install custom init.rc files with device-specific USB gadget mode controls.
- NetHunter app developer extraordinaire @simonpunk has developed a menu for the NetHunter app called “USB Arsonal”, which can either trigger the functions defined in the init.rc, or – if no device-specific init.rc exists – allows you to configure your gadget mode.
Now you can also mount images (img and iso) and also to set up USB network tethering.
New Images Released for Following Devices
- Nexus 6P with Android 8.1
- Nexus 6P with LineageOS 17.1
- OnePlus 7 with Android 10
- Xiaomi Mi 9T with Miui 11
Nexus 6P with Android 8.1
For Nexus 6P two images have been released that include support for Stock Android 8.1, LineageOS 17.1 / PE 10 and additional WiFi injection support.
Also, the images include new updates kernel versions
OnePlus 7 (T / Pro) image for Android 10
The new image supports for following OnePlus versions
- OnePlus 7
- OnePlus 7 Pro
- OnePlus 7T
- OnePlus 7T Pro
The update also gives full support for USB multi-port adaptors (USB, HDMI, ethernet, pass-through charging, etc.) which is very good news.
The Latest drivers are includes and full HID support, the images are available now to download from the Kali NetHunter download page.
Xiaomi Mi 9T image for Android 10
The Xiaomi Mi 9T is a mid-tier device for, it supports USB multi-port adaptors & HID support as like the OP7 devices.
Recently a free Kali NetHunter App Store available for non-NetHunter devices so that anyone can avail of the packages.
You are also recommended reviewing our Kali Linux Tutorials page which covers dozens of Kali Linux Tools. Also, Learn The Complete Kali Tools in Kali Linux Operating System.